Talking to kids about the news right now is hard, but making time to engage in an honest and reassuring manner is important.
Here are some helpful resources for talking to children about complex issues, managing stress, and building resilience:
- Talking to Kids in Times of Tragedy (Nationwide Children’s Hospital)
- Racism & Violence: Using your Power as a Parent to Support Children Aged Two to Five (Zero to Three)
- Parent Resources: Racial Stress (American Psychological Association)
- Talking About Stress (American Psychological Association)
- Supporting Children Who Are Experiencing Stress (Child Care Aware)
- In Brief: Resilience Series (Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University)