Join Action for Children in the interesting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Facilities Specialist | Action for Children, central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Operations team as a Facilities Specialist. This position involves supporting evening class participants as well as building care during week nights and some Saturdays. Click here for more information and to apply.
- SPARK Parent Partner | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join its Family Engagement team as a Parent Partner. This position involves supporting children as they move from home to school, ensuring that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) is a family focused home visiting program. You will draw on your knowledge of early childhood care and education; developmental assessments and screenings; as well as knowledge of the community and its resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Reporting and Compliance Specialist | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join its Family Child Care (FCC) team. AFC is a sponsor of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) for FCC in 12 Central Ohio Counties. The key goal of this position is to accurately process provider claims for reimbursement within the time constraints of this U.S. Department of Agriculture program. Working with other members of the team you will maximize the potential of the program, increasing participation to the success of the program. This is a part time position, working 20 hours each week. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Technical Assistance Specialist – Family Child Care | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join its Family Child Care (FCC) team. Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide outreach services; education and technical assistance to family child care providers and individuals seeking to become licensed FCC providers. Once licensed you will supply professional development opportunities, coaching and technical assistance to support their efforts to achieve and maintain quality standards. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Family Engagement Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as a Family Engagement Specialist. In this role you will support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will work with parents in determining the appropriate resources and needs for their family and assist them in accessing those resources. This is a full time position operating during normal business hours. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they come available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to email@example.com.