Join Action for Children in the interesting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator | Action for Children is looking for a creative, enthusiastic individual to join the Organizational Advancement Team as the Marketing and Communications Coordinator. In this role you will support Action for Children’s work through designing and implementing marketing and communications strategies for the organization. You will work closely with the Director of Organizational Advancement to carry out the marketing plan for the agency and work on the strategic goal of furthering Action for Children’s brand awareness in the community. You will partner with all programs to increase the number of clients served by Action for Children. This is a full-time position starting on July 1, 2019. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Quality Coach/Technical Assistance Specialist | Action for Children (AFC), central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) team. Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide coaching and support to child care program administrators who are beginning the SUTQ process, are renewing their star level or working toward achieving a higher rating. Specialists also provide linkage to professional development opportunities. This position involves work in AFC’s seven counties: Franklin, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield, Licking, Delaware and Union. This is a full-time position, requiring day travel and scheduled evening/weekend hours. Click here for more information and to apply.
- SPARK – Parent Partner | Action for Children, central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family Engagement team as a Parent Partner. This position involves supporting children as they move from home to school, ensuring that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) is a family focused home visiting program. You will draw on your knowledge of early childhood care and education; developmental assessments and screenings; as well as knowledge of the community and its resources. This is a part time position, click here for more information and to apply.
- Facilities Specialist | Action for Children, central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Operations team as a Facilities Specialist. This position involves supporting evening class participants as well as building care during week nights and some Saturdays. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Family Engagement Specialist– Information & Referral | Action for Children, Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family and Community Engagement team. Drawing on knowledge of early childhood education, you will provide information, resources and referrals for customers seeking quality early learning opportunities. Qualified candidates will be able to assess customer needs and utilize a database system and community resources to meet each client’s needs and provide information in-person, via telephone or email. Ability to learn and manipulate a database system will ensure information is consistent and updated to track progress on program goals. Working with other members of the team, you will conduct and attend community outreach events to spread awareness of program services. Click here for more information and to apply.
New positions will be posted as they come available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to email@example.com.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.