InforJoin Action for Children in the interesting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Information & Referral Coordinator | Action for Children (AFC), Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family and Community Engagement team. This position coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Information & Referral team which draws on the knowledge of early childhood education and provides information, resources, and referrals for clients seeking quality early learning opportunities. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Outreach Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Outreach & Engagement area as an Outreach Specialist. In this role you will establish and maintain working relationships in the community to collaborate and focus on recruitment and retention strategies to increase the capacity of the children’s services workforce. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Technical Assistance Specialist, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) | Action for Children (AFC), central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Child Care and Education Initiatives team. Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide education and technical assistance to family child care providers participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). Specialists provide ongoing in-home monitoring and yearly nutritional trainings. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Family Engagement Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as a Family Engagement Specialist. In this role you will support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will work with parents in determining the appropriate resources and needs for their family and assist them in accessing those resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- SPARK Parent Partner | Action for Children is seeking an experienced individual to join its SPARK home visiting team. SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) is a kindergarten readiness home visiting program that involves supporting children as they move from home to school, ensuring that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. You will draw on your knowledge of early childhood care and education; developmental assessments and screenings; as well as knowledge of the community and its resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Help Me Grow Family Support Specialists | Our team is expanding! AFC is looking for three experienced individuals to join its Help Me Grow (HMG) home visiting team. Duties include conducting home visits with the goal of providing: child health and development screening; referrals to service providers; family support, information and education; parent education that focuses on parent/child interactions, developmental instruction, and promotion of early literacy. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Receptionist/Administrative Specialist | Action for Children is seeking a mission-driven individual to join the team. As the first point of contact for the agency, this individual must demonstrate customer focus and convey an atmosphere of professionalism. The candidate must have superior communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail. Regular and consistent attendance is mandatory. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Program Manager, Child Care and Education Initiatives (CCEI) | Action for Children (AFC) is expanding and has an immediate need for a Program Manager. The individuals in these positions will join a dedicated team of professionals in the Child Care and Education Initiatives area of the organization. Programs in this area include: Step Up To Quality, Child Care Licensing, Child and Adult Care Food Program, Professional Development, CDA and Coaching services. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they become available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and our community. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and local public health authorities. All employees are required to receive vaccinations unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is approved. Applicants for openings will be notified of Action for Children’s vaccine requirement, and will, if hired, be required to be fully vaccinated or get their first vaccination shot prior to their start date (and in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, get their second shot 2-4 weeks after the first one). They will comply by showing proof of vaccination by the above deadlines, absent an accommodation or exemption.
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to email@example.com.
Action for Children is committed to continuously creating a culture of diversity and inclusion within our organization. Read our Diversity Statement to learn more about our commitment.