Join Action for Children in the exciting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Family Engagement Specialist | Action for Children, Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family and Community Engagement team. Drawing on knowledge of early childhood education, you will provide information, resources and referrals for customers seeking quality childcare and other early learning experiences. Additionally, you will directly support early childhood educators struggling with housing costs by processing rental assistance applications. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Engagement Specialist, Central Intake | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as an Engagement Specialist. In this role, you will support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will work with parents in determining the appropriate resources and needs for their family and assist them in accessing those resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Family and Community Support Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Outreach & Engagement area as a Family and Community Support Specialist. In this role, you will establish and maintain working relationships in the community to collaborate and focus on recruitment and retention strategies to increase the capacity of the children’s services workforce. You will implement activities to recruit and engage with foster/adoptive caregivers and provide ongoing support to providers and families navigating foster/adoptive and kinship care programs. This role involves travel throughout Central Ohio. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Receptionist/Administrative Specialist | Action for Children is seeking a mission-driven individual to join the team. As the first point of contact for the agency, this individual must demonstrate customer focus and convey an atmosphere of professionalism. The candidate must have superior communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail. Regular and consistent attendance is mandatory. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Administrative Specialist, CCEI (Part-Time) | The Child Care and Education Initiatives team is seeking a Part-Time Administrative Specialist to support its programs (Step Up to Quality, Professional Development, CDA, Pre-licensing, CACFP, and other Action for Children projects/initiatives). The candidate must have superior communication skills, the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, and give attention to detail. As a primary contact for the child care providers we support, these individuals must demonstrate customer focus and convey a demeanor of professionalism and inclusivity. Reliable attendance is mandatory. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Data Analyst | Action for Children (AFC), central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst. AFC has made significant investments in technology to advance our mission and is looking for a motivated individual to join our team. An ideal candidate brings skills in data and analytics and a desire to use data to best deliver value to stakeholders both internal and external. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Quality Coach/Technical Assistance Specialist, Step Up to Quality Family Child Care | Join the Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) Family Child Care team! Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide coaching and support to Family Child Care program administrators who are beginning the SUTQ process, are renewing their star level, or working toward achieving a higher rating. Specialists also provide linkage to professional development opportunities. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they become available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and our community. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and local public health authorities. All employees are required to receive vaccinations unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is approved. Applicants for openings will be notified of Action for Children’s vaccine requirement, and will, if hired, be required to be fully vaccinated or get their first vaccination shot prior to their start date (and in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, get their second shot 2-4 weeks after the first one). They will comply by showing proof of vaccination by the above deadlines, absent an accommodation or exemption.
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to email@example.com.
Action for Children is committed to continuously creating a culture of diversity and inclusion within our organization. Read our Diversity Statement to learn more about our commitment.