Join us and be a part of the important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Coordinator, The Village Staffed Family Child Care Network | Action for Children (AFC), Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family Child Care (FCC) team as the coordinator for our newly established Staffed Family Child Care Network (SFCCN), The Village. The Village will provide a cohesive network of services to home-based child care providers to meet their specialized business, logistical, and quality improvement needs. This position will help build the program, oversee the day-to-day activities of The Village, and hire and supervise the FCC Coaches who work in this area. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Coordinator, Business & Organizational Support Services (The BOSS) | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join its Child Care and Education Initiatives team as the coordinator for our newly established business support program for child care centers and family child care homes. The Business & Organizational Support Services (The BOSS) will help child care providers manage their finances, hire and retain qualified staff, increase their enrollment, and otherwise help programs to increase their financial viability and quality, and better serve children and families. This position will help build the program, oversee the day-to-day activities of The BOSS, and hire and supervise the BOSS coaches. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Help Me Grow Family Support Specialist | Action for Children, Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is looking for an experienced individual to join its Help Me Grow (HMG) home visiting team. Duties include conducting home visits with the goal of providing: child health and development screening; referrals to service providers; family support, information and education; parent education that focuses on parent/child interactions, developmental instruction and promotion of early literacy. Family Support Specialists are required to complete thorough case notes of each visit and enter those into the program system. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Director of Finance | The Director of Finance has the primary responsibility for providing comprehensive oversight to the agency’s fiscal operations. Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, the Director of Finance will also partner with the Senior Leadership Team and board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. This hands-on position supervises a staff of 3 individuals to ensure timely and accurate attention to cash management, budgeting, accounts receivable and payable and general external reporting activities. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Outreach Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as an Outreach Specialist. In this role, you will establish and maintain working relationships in the community that support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will implement activities to recruit, engage and retain program participants, either directly or through referral sources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Family Engagement Specialist | Action for Children, Central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family and Community Engagement team. Drawing on knowledge of early childhood education, you will provide information, resources and referrals for customers seeking quality childcare and other early learning experiences. Additionally, you will directly support early childhood educators struggling with housing costs by processing rental assistance applications. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they become available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Action for Children has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and our community. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and follows the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and local public health authorities. All employees are required to receive vaccinations unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is approved. Applicants for openings will be notified of Action for Children’s vaccine requirement, and will, if hired, be required to be fully vaccinated or get their first vaccination shot prior to their start date (and in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, get their second shot 2-4 weeks after the first one). They will comply by showing proof of vaccination by the above deadlines, absent an accommodation or exemption.
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to email@example.com.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Action for Children is committed to continuously creating a culture of diversity and inclusion within our organization. Read our Diversity Statement to learn more about our commitment.