Join Action for Children in the interesting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Quality Coach/Technical Assistance Specialist | Action for Children (AFC), central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) team. Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide coaching and support to child care program administrators who are beginning the SUTQ process, are renewing their star level or working toward achieving a higher rating. Specialists also provide linkage to professional development opportunities. This position involves work in AFC’s seven counties: Franklin, Madison, Pickaway, Fairfield, Licking, Delaware and Union. This is a full-time position, requiring day travel and scheduled evening/weekend hours. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Facilities Specialist | Action for Children, central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Operations team as a Facilities Specialist. This position involves supporting evening class participants as well as building care during week nights and some Saturdays. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Early Childhood Education Coach | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join our team of parent education professionals working with fathers and families. As a Case Manager you will work with the program participants to identify and develop a plan to address barriers to responsible fatherhood. You will draw on your case management experience to support participants in achieving their plan’s goals. This position requires an individual who will be interacting with community resources as well as collaborating with our community partners to assure that our program participants receive the most relevant and current wrap around services as they address their unique barriers to fatherhood. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Outreach Specialist | Action for Children is looking for a creative, energetic individual to work in the Family Asset Building program as an Outreach Specialist. In this role you will establish and maintain working relationships in the community that support Action for Children’s Central Intake program for entry into Help Me Grow and other home visiting programs sponsored by the Ohio Departments of Health and Developmental Disabilities. You will implement activities to recruit, engage and retain program participants, either directly or through referral sources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- SPARK Parent Partner | Action for Children, central Ohio’s Child Care Resource and Referral agency, is seeking an individual to join its Family Engagement team as a Parent Partner. This position involves supporting children as they move from home to school, ensuring that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) is a family focused home visiting program. You will draw on your knowledge of early childhood care and education; developmental assessments and screenings; as well as knowledge of the community and its resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they come available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to email@example.com.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.