Join Action for Children in the interesting and important work underway on behalf of children and families in Central Ohio!
- Early Childhood Education Coach | Action for Children is seeking a qualified individual to be trained to serve as a coach and help support classroom teachers in their delivery of research-based early childhood curricula, designed to improve the school readiness of three- and four-year-old children being served in mixed-age community-based child care and Head Start centers. Coaches will play a vital role in the project’s success, both supporting teachers in using the curricular approach in their classrooms as well as assisting with data collection for the study. This is a part-time position. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- SPARK Parent Partners | Action for Children is seeking TWO experienced individuals to join its SPARK home visiting team. SPARK (Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids) is a kindergarten readiness home visiting program that involves supporting children as they move from home to school, ensuring that children are ready for school and schools are ready for families. You will draw on your knowledge of early childhood care and education; developmental assessments and screenings; as well as knowledge of the community and its resources. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Quality Coach/Technical Assistance Specialists – Step Up to Quality | We’re looking for TWO individuals to join the Action for Children Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) team! Drawing on your knowledge of early childhood care and education, you will provide coaching and support to child care program administrators who are beginning the SUTQ process, are renewing their star level or working toward achieving a higher rating. Specialists also provide linkage to professional development opportunities. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Case Manager – All in Dads! | Action for Children is seeking an individual to join our team of parent education professionals working in fatherhood. As a Case Manager you will work with the program participants to identify and develop a plan to address barriers to responsible fatherhood. You will draw on your experience to mentor and to support participants in achieving behavioral goals and sustaining employment. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Help Me Grow Family Support Specialists | Our team is expanding! AFC is looking for three experienced individuals to join its Help Me Grow (HMG) home visiting team. Duties include conducting home visits with the goal of providing: child health and development screening; referrals to service providers; family support, information and education; parent education that focuses on parent/child interactions, developmental instruction and promotion of early literacy. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Director of Organizational Advancement | Action for Children (AFC) is seeking a Director of Organizational Advancement who will lead advancement efforts, serving as a strategic thought partner to the CEO and setting the course for greater engagement with key audiences. The person in this role will be responsible for the complete advancement model, which includes marketing, communications, and philanthropy. We seek an individual who is a strategic thinker, a systems builder, and excellent at building and managing relationships. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Receptionist/Administrative Specialist | Action for Children is seeking a mission-driven individual to join the team. As the first point of contact for the agency, this individual must demonstrate customer focus and convey an atmosphere of professionalism. The candidate must have superior communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail. Regular and consistent attendance is mandatory. Click here for more information and how to apply.
- Program Manager, Child Care and Education Initiatives (CCEI) | Action for Children (AFC) is expanding and has an immediate need for a Program Manager. The individuals in these positions will join a dedicated team of professionals in the Child Care and Education Initiatives area of the organization. Programs in this area include: Step Up To Quality, Child Care Licensing, Child and Adult Care Food Program, Professional Development, CDA and Coaching services. Click here for more information and how to apply.
New positions will be posted as they become available. We are always interested to meet talented professionals to join our team!
Volunteer for Action for Children
We offer volunteer opportunities during office hours, Monday through Friday, as well as special events during office or non-office hours. Opportunities range from using your office and computer skills to assist our staff or working with staff on short-term special events, projects, and fundraising.
For more information about volunteer opportunities available at Action for Children, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships at Action for Children
We welcome college interns from around the State of Ohio. We offer a variety of hands-on professional experiences in an environment that encourages your personal and professional development.
For more information about internships at AFC, please send an email to email@example.com.
Action for Children is committed to continuously creating a culture of diversity and inclusion within our organization. Read our Diversity Statement to learn more about our commitment.