Action for Children offers pre-licensing assistance and training to those who are interested in becoming licensed Family Child Care (FCC) providers.
Overview Sessions are offered as a one time, 2-3 hour session and content includes:
1. Requirements, policies, procedures and rules to become a licensed Type A or Type B FCC provider
2. Instructions on how to create a profile, apply, and properly navigate OCLQS
3. Review the required forms that are necessary to submit an application for licensure, including:
- Education requirements
- Written policies and procedures
- Plan of operation
- Disaster plan
- Requisite medical forms
Our Technical Assistance Specialists also:
- Help new applicants submit thoroughly completed applications
- Assist with Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
- Complete pre-licensing desk reviews
- Complete mock inspections/ CAPs
To learn more about our pre-licensing services, please email StartYourFCC@actionforchildren.org.