Take Action for Quality Child Care and Early Learning
Providing quality experiences for young children is demanding work. Advocating for those opportunities for all children is easier. Sometimes, it’s as simple as telling your story. And everyone—parent, teacher, provider, administrator, employer—everyone has a story to tell.
At Action for Children we provide resources to help you take action for child care and early education finance reform, quality early learning environments, positive parenting, family child care provider supports, and worthy wages for the early childhood workforce. We support a comprehensive and coordinated early learning system that is aligned with local, state and national efforts.
And we need you to make the promise of early childhood become a reality! We invite you to take action—stay informed about the issues and let your voice be heard. Sign up to receive our newsletter and action alerts.
How we have taken ACTION:
- #FundChildCare Alert – Asking Congress to provide dedicated, flexible funding in its next relief package in response to the COVID-19 crisis. May 13, 2020.
- Action for Children’s Comments on Mandatory Civil Rights Data Collection, November 15, 2019.
- Statement on Ohio’s FY 2018-2019 Budget, July 1, 2017.
- Video of CEO, Eric Karolak, testified against cuts to child care and for investments in early learning in HB 49, Ohio’s SFY 2018-2019 biennial budget bill, before the Ohio Senate Finance Committee, June 13, 2017. (watch from the 8:00 mark)
- Bipartisan Congressional Women’s Caucus taps CEO Eric Karolak for first briefing on early childhood of the 115 th U.S. Congress, May 9, 2017.
Our Advocacy Team members help lead or contribute to statewide advocacy efforts including:
We also are active in advocacy networks at the national level including:
We will continue to post information here intended to keep you in-the-know about changes occurring in early childhood and advocacy efforts. For more information and to get involved, please contact us.