An interactive tool for civic leaders, advocates & child care providers to explore the availability of quality child care and early learning in Central Ohio.
As the Child Care Resource and Referral agency for Columbus and Central Ohio, Action for Children maintains data and information on the supply of child care in our region. Through the Early Childhood Supply Map, we hope to help community leaders, advocates, and program administrators understand the supply of child care and the need for quality early learning in our region.
The Early Childhood Supply Map includes all licensed child care and early learning programs: child care centers, preschools, before and after school programs, and licensed family child care homes. The Early Childhood Supply Map displays supply for Franklin County and its six contiguous counties; Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, and Union. Currently, the Early Childhood Supply Map provides the following for each program:
- Location and spatial relationship for each licensed program (County can be filtered by using the dropdown in the key)
- Licensed capacity of each program (shown by size of circle)
- Current star-rating in Ohio’s Step Up To Quality rating and improvement system (Shown by the color of the circle and manipulated by checking one or more Ratings in the key)
- Provider Type (manipulated by checking one or all type of care boxes on the key)
- Publicly Funded Child Care (PFCC) agreement indicator
Tips For Use
The Early Childhood Supply Map is interactive and can be filtered by county, provider type, SUTQ rating, and presence of a PFCC agreement. The map will default to display all types of care. To change these settings, select the relevant options you would like to view on the map in the key.
The data used in the Early Childhood Supply Map is maintained by Action for Children and will be updated monthly. If your programs is listed incorrectly, please contact us at 614-224-0222 or submit a completed Provider Update form.
We’d love to hear from you! Tell us what you think and share what else you would like to see.