Franklin County RISE: Educators
Making a difference for Franklin County’s children.
Why work in child care?
At Action for Children, we aim to provide quality professional development experiences and helpful resources. Child care is important for many families and provides tools that prepare children for success. As an early child care educator, you have the unique opportunity to make a powerful impact in their communities by helping families and supporting children.
Whether you are new to child care or returning to the field, we are now offering 500 individual $1,000 signing bonuses for eligible positions through Franklin County RISE. These bonuses are made possible by the generosity of the City of Columbus. To receive a bonus, you must apply for and secure an eligible position through a participating child care provider. All signing bonuses will be paid by the employer.
Working in child care offers:
- Opportunity to make a difference for children and families
- Great full-time and part-time schedule options
- Scholarships and tuition assistance
- Career growth potential
- Am I eligible for a bonus?
At this time, RISE signing bonuses are only offered by licensed child care programs in Franklin County on a first-come-first-serve basis. To be eligible, new employees must not have worked in a child care field within 30 days of hire.
- How do I apply for a bonus?
When you apply for an eligible full-time position, you will automatically be considered for the signing bonus. You can search for jobs eligible for bonuses on our job board, or ask the Franklin County program you're applying for if they're offering a signing bonus for your desired position.
- Will I receive the full $1,000 scholarship immediately after being hired?
The first $250 will be paid with your first paycheck. The remaining $750 with your paycheck following 90 days of employment. Providers are encouraged to submit Direct Deposit information, which will allow for payment to be processed within 3 - 5 business days. If providers opt to receive a paper check the process is extended and can take up to 3 weeks.
Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Franklin County RISE also establishes a dedicated $500,000 emergency rental assistance fund for child care staff, with an average of $3,000 in rental assistance payments per household.
Eligible applicants for ERA through Franklin County RISE must:
- Be currently employed by a licensed child care program in Franklin County (must submit proof of employment for application)
- Have a current written & signed rental lease agreement in Franklin County (no handwritten lease agreements will be accepted)
- Meet income guidelines (please refer to chart in this document)
- Be delinquent on rent or unable to make their next rent payment
- Be able to provide evidence of hardship such as:
- Underemployment or loss of hours
- Received a past due rent notice
- Received an eviction notice on or After April 1st, 2020
- Risk of experiencing homelessness
- Reduction of income or increased household costs due to COVID-19
If you are in need of interpreting services please contact us at RISEHelp@actionforchildren.org to schedule a time.