Central Ohio Fingerprinting Services
Action for Children provides Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) checks and Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) background checks and fingerprinting services to child care professionals, parents and guardians, and other members of the community.
- Tuesday-Friday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- One Saturday per month: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Limited walk-in hours: Tuesday through Friday, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
We highly recommend scheduling appointments in advance.
Scheduling an Appointment:
To reserve a spot for fingerprinting or background check services, scheduling, and payment are required in advance. To schedule an appointment, make a payment online. Appointments take approximately 20 minutes. Schedule An Appointment
What you’ll need to bring:
- An unexpired, government-issued ID with a photo (driver’s license, passport, or military ID)
- A completed form (Please DOWNLOAD to fill out and print for your appointment) including a BCI and/or FBI Reason Code (also known as an Ohio Reason Code). Action for Children staff cannot advise guests on appropriate codes; please consult with your employer.
Group scheduling for 3 or more individuals is available on a limited basis. We recommend contacting us no less than 72 hours in advance for the best chance of getting your desired group appointment. Please email us at BackgroundChecks@actionforchildren.org with the following information:
- Your business or organization name
- The name and phone number of the point of contact
- The number of people in your group
- The type of background check needed
- If you plan to pay by credit card, cash, money order, or invoice
- Your preferred dates and times, keeping in mind our hours listed above. Appointments take approximately 20 minutes per person.
Action for Children offers two types of fingerprinting and background checks.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) checks – $40
- Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) checks – $35
- FBI + BCI checks – $70
Payment may be made online with a credit or debit card when reserving your appointment. During limited walk-in hours (Tues-Fri, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm), payment may be made in person with a credit or debit card, exact cash, or money order. Please note that our staff cannot make change; if paying with cash, please bring the exact amount.
For more information on child care background checks, click here, refer to OCCRRA’s Background Check Guidance document, or visit the Ohio Attorney General’s website.