Gladden Community House – 183 Hawkes Ave, Columbus, 43223
Full Time or Part Time:
Job Title: Preschool Program Director
Department: Education Administration
Full- Time / Salaried
Reports to: President / CEO
The Preschool Program Director oversees the planning, coordination and supervision of all learning and program implementation. This role supervises all teaching staff including teachers, aides, and floater. Our director sets the student:teacher ratios, ensures Agency program compliance and all program operations.
• Recruits, trains, and continuously develops teaching staff.
• Supervises field placement intern students and any preschool volunteers
• Plans all preschool in-class and field activities with staff.
• Coordinates all preschool intake required intake assessments.
• Maintains all activity and service records as well as prepares required reporting for President, parents and any other stakeholder needed.
• Maintains updated standards and best practices for early childhood education
• Ensures the program fulfills all requirements to maintain State of Ohio licensure and accreditation.
• Purchases all needed supplies and equipment as needed.
• Maintains program budgets and activity allocations.
• Serves as a substitute or floater teacher as needed.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of community resources.
• Ensures coverage for PAC (Parent
• Coordinates State Day Care Licensing activities required to maintain preschool license.
• Assists teachers in tracking learning and education w OCCRA (Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Association) learning and resource
• Participates in professional development by attending workshops, webinars, and seminars and seeks out pertinent learning for teaching staff
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel
Education and Experience:
A BA in Early Childhood Education or other related field required with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience. A minimum CPO level of 4.
Prolonged periods of activities with young children.
Willingness to abide by CDC and county guidelines for COVID-19 safety restrictions including wearing a mask, keeping social distance and a temperature check.
Rate of Pay:
45,000 – 50,000 / Year
Email Resume to email@example.com