Houpe's LARC – 4481 East Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, 43081
Full Time or Part Time:
Houpe’s LARC is an innovative and customer-focused educational center that offers a unique program model with flexible work options and room to grow. We are constantly evolving and seek creative and tenacious individuals to help us prepare tomorrow’s leaders. We offer a diverse and comprehensive curriculum that encompasses Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math, and Music (STEAMM) with a multi-modal inquiry framework that is guided by scientific research and data-driven teaching strategies. We align our program model with students living in remote villages in Africa and Mexico with limited to no access to educational services thereby facilitating our mission and vision of extending our reach beyond limits to empower a nation of successful families and students. If you are service-minded, a hard worker who continuously strives for excellence, team focused, and enjoy working with others to fulfill the vision and mission of this organization, then, our center should be a good fit for you.
Your position as a lead teacher will include:
– Provide direct instruction to students ensuring the highest-level student outcomes.
– Utilize several communication channels in the delivery of instruction and support including but not limited to one-on-one, small group sessions, facilitate parent involvement via Zoom, telephone calls, e-mails, and text messages.
– Design and deliver engaging lessons consistent with the curriculum.
– Personalize the educational experience for students providing any needed accommodations to ensure a smooth delivery of services.
– Monitor student progress and provide intervention and feedback as needed.
– Respond to a wide range of inquiries from students and parents/guardians.
– Collaborate with each student’s learning team, parents, other educators, professional staff, and administrators to provide a comprehensive student-focused
– Support student assessments with the goal of evaluating students’ abilities and complying with each student's specific program goals.
– Support the recruitment efforts and outreach activities related to marketing, testing, and community building as required.
– All other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Exceptional customer service skills;
– Adaptability, flexibility, dependability, and accountability;
– Ability to diplomatically resolve potentially difficult situations;
– Ability to take initiative, work independently, collaborate with the team, build, and nurture relationships with students, families, and colleagues;
– Technology proficient and the ability to learn new technology quickly;
– Attention to detail, excellent time management skills; and the ability to prioritize to ensure an outstanding customer experience;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills;
– Excellent organizational and analytical Skills;
– Familiar with SUTQ;
– Achieve daily performance metric; and
– Ability to travel as needed or required
– Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
– Current Special Education Teaching License (preferred)
– Experience teaching (preferred)
Rate of Pay:
Up to $15/HOUR
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Althea B. Houpe, Founder/Executive Director at email@example.com.