St. Agatha Child Care – 1880 Northam Road, Columbus, OH, 43212
The Child Care Worker is directly responsible for the care, supervision and safety of the children in the parish child care program. Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care. Provides a safe environment for the children at all times.
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests.
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Implement positive discipline when required.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks for children.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents.
- Keep records of children’s progress, discipline, injury, and other activities.
- Accompany and supervise children on field trips.
- Follow established policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies.
- Understand and implement emergency procedures when necessary.
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
High School diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable. Must be able to pass BCI/FBI background check.
Rate of Pay:
Please email email@example.com or call 614-488-3322 to set up an appointment.