- As a professional individual, the classroom Lead Teacher works closely with the Assistant Center Director/Program Coordinator to provide and maintain a positive and appropriate educational program that meets the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the children within their care.
- The primary focus of the Lead Teacher is the provision of high-quality programming within their assigned classroom. High quality classroom programming must include a triangulated framework of family-centered practices; developmentally, individually, and culturally appropriate practices and intentional teaching; and program support.
- The classroom Lead Teacher must be a professional committed to “best practices,” always striving for excellence and successful child outcomes. They must be passionate about the field of early education and care; knowledgeable and articulate about recommended practices, particularly for their assigned age grouping; and able to support and mentor fellow educators in effort to promote similar traits and skills.
- An effective classroom Lead Teacher must have the following education, experience, and abilities:
- Any of the following degree requirements or a minimum of an Associates’ degree in Early Childhood Education(ECE)and CPL level III or a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field (child development, special education, elementary education or human service field).
- 1+ year experience as a Lead Teacher, Teacher, or Assistant Teacher in an early childhood setting.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, and Mandated Reporting.
- Ability to pass a thorough criminal background check and drug screening.
- Has working knowledge of state licensing and accreditation systems.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including expressive (written and oral) as well as receptive skills.
- Ability to use technology such as iPads, and other educational resources.
- Demonstrated ability to independently as well as collaboratively make appropriate and rational judgments and decisions, reason effectively, and solve problems.
- Ability to effectively read, write and communicate the English language. Bilingualism is a plus.
- Has the physical capability to: or frequently lift or move weight as in lifting, carrying or holding children up to60lbsoRepetitively bend, stretch and stoop or work with children on the floor or Work outdoors in a variety of weather or Fully maintain sight and sound child supervision or Pperform classroom cleaning duties
Rate of Pay:
- 12.5 – 15.5/Hr based on credentials