Action for Children seeks to engage the community in events throughout the year, and keep its stakeholders informed. Check back often for event listings, newsletters, media coverage and more.
- January 20: Step Up to Quality Fair
- Thinking about participating in Ohio’s Step Up to Quality (SUTQ) program but not sure how to start? Or have you started the process and need guidance and tips on how to earn or increase your ratings? In partnership with ODJFS, AFC will be hosting a FREE SUTQ fair to answer all of your questions and provided one-on-one assistance. Join us, Saturday, January 20th from 9-2pm at AFC to gain valuable resources and the opportunity to earn 1 hour of free Ohio Approved training.
- October 26: Small Steps Big Benefits, Celebrity Spelling Bee
- Thank you to the more than 350 people came together to celebrate early learning in central Ohio. Your being there made a B-I-G difference. The contributions raised that night will directly support vital programs for parents and for early childhood educators. Programs that are, right now, doing important work to make children’s futures bright. Whether by coaching parents to be the best they can be, helping child care teachers become the professionals our children need, or supporting the early learning programs our spellers competed on behalf of, your contributions will help us reach 50,000 children in central Ohio this year.
- July 13: CDA Celebration
- We celebrated the hard work and dedication of the more than 100 early childhood educators that have completed Action for Children’s CDA Prep Course since December 2016! The Child Development Associate (CDA) is the nation’s leading certificate program to assess and credential early childhood education professionals, and this celebration was one of the nation’s largest completion ceremonies this year.
- May 20: First Star Seminar
- Sponsored by the City of Columbus. AFC provided staffing and training for the part-day Saturday program to encourage child care programs to join Ohio’s continuous quality improvement ratings program, Step Up to Quality. The event had nearly 100 child care providers representing more than 60 different child care programs.
- April 22: Children’s Fair & Pre-K Seminar
Newsletters + Publications
Action Items E-news Archives
News + Media Coverage
- Statement on Ohio’s FY 2018-2019 Budget (July 1, 2017)
- AFC to offer free workshops for Family Child Care Providers in Franklin County (February 1, 2017)
- TA Assistance available to 2-Star Programs in SDA9 (January 17, 2017)
- Take Action: AFC Launches 2,000 Days Campaign (November 29, 2016)
- The Gift of 2,000 Days (November 21, 2016)
- Small Steps Big Benefits (November 17, 2016)